Images are representations only.
The ProtEX-RTP PD6830 is an explosion-proof flow rate/totalizer that can display flow rate and total from a pulse output flowmeter. Its display has a five digit upper line for rate, a seven alpha-numeric character lower line for total, and comes standard with a backlight. Like all ProtEX products, the PD6830 carries FM, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx approvals for use in hazardous areas. It can be powered from an included battery or a 24 Vdc external power supply.
Some features that really make the PD6830 flow rate/totalizer stand out are its automatic unit conversions from flowmeter k-factor units, ability to log up to 1,024 data points, and SafeTouch through-glass buttons. These buttons allow the PD6830 to be programmed and operated through the glass, thus eliminating the need to remove the cover in a hazardous area.
- Pulse,open collector, NPN, PNP, TTL, switch contact, sine wave (Coil), square wave, opto-isolated inputs
- 5-Digit 0.7" (17.8 mm) top display for rate or total
- 7 alphanumeric character 0.4" (10.2 mm) lower display for rate, total, grand total, units, and tag
- 13-digit totalizer with total overflow feature
- SafeTouch through-glass button programming
- Isolated 4-20 mA output for rate, total, or grand total
- Two isolated open collector pulse outputs, Up to 5 kHz
- Battery, DC, or output loop-powered models
- Gate function for rate display of slow pulse rates
- K-Factor, scaling, or live input calibration with 32-point linearization
- Automatic rate, total, and grand total unit conversions
- Password protection
- Backlight standard on all models
- On-board data logging
- Modbus communications RS-485 option
- Flanges for wall or pipe mounting
- Operates from -40° to 75° C (-40° to 167° F)
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX II 2 GD Ex D IIC T6 Gb Ex Tb IIIC T85° C Db IP68 Ta = -40° to 75° C
- CSA Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Division 1, T6 Class I, Zone 1, Ex D IIC T6 Ta = -40° to 75° C
- FM Explosion-proof for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G, Class III, Division 1, T6. Class I, Zone 1, AEx D IIC T6 Gb. Zone 21, AEx Tb IIIC T85° C. Ta = -40° to 75° C
- IEC Ex Ex D IIC T6 Gb Ex Tb IIIC T85° C Db IP68 Ta = -40° to 75° C
- NEMA 4X
- NEMA 7
- NEMA 9
- Top: Five digits (0 to 99,999), 0.7" (17.8 mm) high, 7-segment, automatic lead zero blanking. Bottom: Seven characters, 0.4" (10.2 mm) high, 14-segment automatic lead zero blanking. Symbols: Total, grand total, battery power/low battery, high & low alarm, password lock, and SafeTouch button sleep mode/disable.
- Top Display: Rate or total; Bottom Display: Combinations of rate, total, grand total, units, and custom tag.
- White LED, 10 sec auto-off when battery powered. Backlight deactivated below temperature ≈ -20° C
Display Update Rate
- Ambient > -20° C: 1 Update/Second. Ambient -20° C: 1 Update/Second. Ambient < -20° C: 1 Update/10 Seconds. Note: Update is dependent on gate settings.
- Display may be mounted at 90° increments up to 270° from default orientation
- Display flashes 99,999
- Four SafeTouch through-glass buttons when cover is installed. Four internal push buttons when cover is removed.
- Calibrated at the factory to read frequency in Hz. No recalibration required
- Max/Min readings reached by the process are stored until reset by the user or until power to the meter is cycled.
Password Menu Options
- Pass GT: Restricts the reset of grand total to require re-entering the password. May enable a non-resettable grand total and permanent lockout of grand total-related settings with a specific password.
- Pass T: Restricts the reset of total to require re-entering the password. Disables the manual mode reset contact.
- Pass: Restricts modifications of programmed settings to require re-entering the password to make changes.
- Three programmable password selections can be used for the following: restrict modification of settings, prevent resetting the total or grand total without the password, or permanently lock out the ability to change or reset the grand total or any grand total related settings(making a non-resettable grand total).
- Flashing display plus HI/LO indicators for rate alarms, SET for total alarms
- All programmed settings and total are stored in nonvolatile memory for a minimum of ten years if power is lost.
- 3.6 V Primary Lithium (Li-SOCl2), non-rechargeable Model PDABAT36C. Expected service life & recommended replacement interval is dependant on the operating conditions.
- 9-30 VDC, 2.2 W max, 4-20 mA Output Powered, 30 VDC max, battery power, 9-30 VDC power with battery backup, 4-20 mA Output Powered with Battery Backup.
- Note: Requires separate output supply
- PD6830-BTA: 500 V input-to-output.
- PD6830-BMA: 500 V input/power-to-output
- PD6830-APA: 500 V input/power-to-output
- All models: 500 V opto-isolated input-to-power/output with isolated input enabled.
- Up to 1024 records, recorded 4/day at specific times or at defined time intervals. Record contains date, time, rate, total, grand total, and log number.
Operating Temperature Range
- -40 to 75° C
Storage Temperature Range
- -40 to 75° C.
- 0 to 90% non-condensing
- Screw terminals accept 12 to 22 AWG wire
- Explosion-proof die-cast aluminum with glass window, corrosion resistant epoxy coating, color: blue. NEMA 4X IP68. Copper-free (0.3%). Three 3/4" NPT threaded conduit openings. One 3/4" NPT metal plug with 12 mm hex key fitting installed.
- May be mounted directly to conduit. Two Slotted flanges for wall mounting or NPS 11/2" to 21/2" or DN 40 to 65 mm pipe mounting.
- 5.67" x 5.24" x 4.88" (W x H x D)(144 mm x 133 mm x 124 mm)
- 5.00 lbs (80 oz, 2.27 kg)
- 3 years parts and labor