Images are representations only.
The ProtEX-RTA PD6820 is an explosion-proof, loop-powered flow rate/totalizer that can display flow rate and total from an Analog output (4-20 mA) flowmeter.
The display has a five digit upper display for rate, a seven alpha-numeric character lower display for total, and comes standard with a backlight. Like all ProtEX products, the PD6820 explosion-proof flow rate/totalizer carries FM, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx approvals for use in hazardous areas.
Two features that really make this flow rate/totalizer stand out are a wide viewing angle display and SafeTouch®through-glass buttons. These buttons allow the PD6820 to be programmed and operated through the glass, thus eliminating the need to remove the cover in a hazardous area.
- 4-20 mA input loop-powered
- Modern, sleek and practical enclosure 5-digit, 0.7" (17.8 mm) upper display
- 7 alphanumeric character, 0.4" (10.2 mm) lower display
- 7-Digit totalizer
- Safetouch through-glass button programming
- Password protection
- 32-Point, square root, or exponential linearization
- Rate in units per second, minute, hour, or day
- Open collector pulse or alarm output
- Loop or external DC-powered backlight standard
- 3.0 V drop (6.0 V with backlight)
- Flanges for wall or pipe mounting
- HART protocol transparent
- Operates from -40° to 75° C (-40° to 167° F)
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX II 2 GD. Ex D IIC T6 Gb. Ex Tb IIIC T85° C Db IP68. Ta = -40° to 75° C, Certificate Number: Sira 10-ATEX-1116X
- CSA Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G, Class III, Division 1, T6. Class I, Zone 1, Ex D IIC T6. Ta = -40° to 75° C. Enclosure: Typical 4X & IP66. Certificate Number: 11 2325749
- FM Explosion-proof for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G, Class III, Division 1, T6. Class I, Zone 1, AEx D IIC T6 Gb. Zone 21, AEx Tb IIIC T85° C. Ta = -40° to 75° C. Enclosure: Typical 4X & IP66. Certificat
- IEC Ex D IIC T6 Gb. Ex Tb IIIC T85° C Db IP68. Ta = -40° to 75° C, Certificate Number: IECEx SIR 10.0056X
- NEMA 4X
- Upper: Five digits (-9,999 to 99,999) 0.70" (17.8 mm) high, 7-segment, automatic lead zero blanking.
- Symbols: for high & low alarm, password lock. Backlight: white
- Lower: Seven characters 0.4" (10.2 mm) high, 14 segment alphanumeric.
Display Update Rate
- Ambient > -25° C: 2 Updates/Second. Ambient -25° C: 2 Updates/Second. Ambient < -25° C: 1 Update/5 Seconds
- Display may be mounted at 90° increments up to 270° from default orientation
- Display flashes 99,999
- Display flashes -9,999
- Four SafeTouch® through-glass buttons when cover is installed. Four internal pushbuttons when cover is removed.
- Programmable Lo, Med, Hi, or Off
- Recalibration is recommended at least every 12 months
- Max/Min readings reached by the process are stored until reset by the user or until power to the meter is turned off.
- Programmable password restricts modification of programmed settings.
- Live input calibration, linearization, square root, or programmable exponent
- All programmed settings are stored in non-volatile memory for a minimum of ten years if power is lost.
Normal Mode Rejection
- 64 dB at 50/60 Hz
Operating Temperature Range
- -40 to 75° C
Storage Temperature Range
- -40 to 85° C.
- 0 to 90% non-condensing
- Screw terminals accept 12 to 22 AWG wire
- Explosion-proof die-cast aluminum with glass window, corrosion resistant epoxy coating, color: blue. NEMA 4X IP68. Copper-free (0.3%). Two 3/4" NPT threaded conduit openings. One 3/4" NPT metal conduit plug with 12 mm hex key fitting installed.
- May be mounted directly to conduit. Two Slotted flanges for wall mounting or NPS 11/2" to 21/2" or DN 40 to 65 mm pipe mounting.
- 5.65" x 5.25" x 4.86" (W x H x D) (144 mm x 133 mm x 124 mm)
- 5.00 lbs (80 oz, 2.27 kg)
- 3 years parts and labor