Images are representations only.
The ProtEX-MAX™ PD8-6310-WM offers all the functionality of the ProVu PD6310-WM as a fully FM, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx approved explosion-proof product. It is an NTEP certified, pulse input (NPN, PNP, TTL, switch contact, sine wave, etc.) digital batch controller specifically designed for single and multi-stage batching applications which has been certified as a Weighing and Measuring device.
These versatile NTEP certified batch controllers provide excellent but simple batch control capabilities with features such as preclose relays and automatic overrun correction for more accurate batches and convenient SafeTouch® through-glass buttons for simple operation and menu navigation without having to remove the cover.
The Weights and Measures approved controller is equipped with a mechanically secured, tamper-proof, programming lockout feature. This consists of a cable with a compression seal that is used to prevent access to a programming lockout jumper.
The PD8-6310 includes a 24 VDC power supply to drive the flowmeter and can be equipped with four internal relays and a 4-20 mA analog output.
- SunBright Display Standard
- Start, Batch, & Stop with front panel buttons
- Display batch total + rate, grand total, batch count or preset
- Single or multi-stage batching
- Automatic overflow correction
- Manual control or automatic batching
- SafeTouch® through-glass button programming
- Modbus RS-485 serial communications
- Flanges for wall or pipe mounting
- Isolated 24 VDC @ 25 mA transmitter power supply
- Total can count up or down
- Onboard USB and MeterView® Pro programming software
- Upper display: 0.60" (15 mm) high. Lower display: 0.46" (12 mm) high. Both are 6 digits (-99999 to 999999), red LEDs. Both are 6 digits (-99999 to 999999), red LEDs, with lead zero blanking.
Default Display Assignment
- The upper display shows batch total. The lower display shows rate with alternating units, and can be switched to show grand total, batch count, or preset with the STOP key.
Custom Display Assignment
- The upper and lower displays may be assigned to rate, total, grand total, batch count, preset, set points, units (lower display only), alternating R & T, R & GT, preset & rate, max & min, or a Modbus display register. Any rate/total/grand total display may be programmed to alternate with a custom unit or tag.
- Displays alternate every 10 seconds when display is selected or the batch is paused.
- Eight user-selectable intensity levels
Display Update Rate
- 5/second (200 ms)
- Display flashes 999999
- Display flashes -99999
- Four through-glass SafeTouch buttons, four mechanical buttons behind glass, digital inputs, PC and MeterView Pro software, or Modbus registers.
F4 Digital Input Contacts
- 3.3 VDC on contact. Connect normally open contacts across F4 to COM.
F4 Digital Input Logic Levels
- Logic High: 3 to 5 VDC; Logic Low: 0 to 1.25 VDC
- Programmable from 2 to 199 (0 will disable filter)
- Programmable from 0.1 to 99.9% of calibrated span
- Recommended at least every 12 months
- Max (Peak) / min (Valley) readings reached by the process are stored until reset by the user or until power is cycled.
- Three programmable passwords restrict modification of programmed settings and two prevent resetting the totals
- All programmed settings are stored in non-volatile memory for a minimum of ten years if power is lost.
- 85-265 VAC 50/60 Hz, 90-265 VDC, 20 W max, or optional model with 12-24 VDC ±10%, 15 W max.
- Required external fuse: UL Recognized, 5 A max, slow blow; up to 6 batch controllers may share one 5 A fuse.
Isolated Transmitter Power Supply
- Terminals P+ & P-: 24 VDC ± 10%. Isolated from the input at >500 V. Jumper selectable for 24, 10, or 5 VDC supply (internal jumper J4). All models transmitter supply rated @ 25 mA max.
Normal Rejection Mode
- Greater than 60 dB at 50/60 Hz
- 4 kV input/output-to-power line. 500 V input-to-output or output-to-P+ supply
- Installation Overvoltage Category II: Local level with smaller transient overvoltages than Installation Overvoltage Category III.
- T6 Class Operating Temperature Range Ta = -40 to 60° C
- T5 Class Operating Temperature Range Ta = -40 to 65° C
Max Power Dissipation
- Maximum power dissipation limited to 15.1 W.
- Removable screw terminal blocks accept 12 to 22 AWG wire, RJ45 for external relays, digital I/O, and serial communication adapters.
- Explosion-proof die cast aluminum with glass window, corrosion resistant epoxy coating, color: blue. NEMA 4X, 7, & 9, IP68. Default conduit connections: Four 3/4" NPT threaded conduit openings and two 3/4" NPT metal conduit plugs with 12 mm hex key fitting installed. Additional conduit opening configurations may be available; verify quantity and sizes on specific device labeling during installation
- Four Slotted flanges for wall mounting or NPS 11/2" to 21/2" or DN 40 to 65 mm pipe mounting
- 6.42" x 7.97" x 8.47" (W x H x D) (163 mm x 202 mm x 215 mm)
- 16.0 lbs (7.26 kg)
- 3 years parts & labor
- Compatibility: USB 2.0 Standard, Compliant
- Connector Type: Micro-B receptacle
- Cable: USB A Male to Micro-B Cable
- Driver: Windows 98/SE, ME, 2000, Server 2003/2008, XP 32/64-Bit, Vista 32/64-Bit, Windows 7 32/64-Bit, Windows 10 32/64-Bit
- Power: USB Port