Images are representations only.
The ProtEX-MAX™ PD8-6080 Super Snooper Modbus® scanner offers all the functionality of the ProVu PD6080 as a fully FM, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx approved explosion-proof product. It is a multi-purpose display and controller capable of scanning up to 16 Modbus process variables and includes dual analog process inputs.
The scanner can be programmed as a Modbus RTU master, slave, or snooper. It is the ideal display for Modbus multivariable transmitters or for existing Modbus networks with transmitters in need of a conveniently located display in a hazardous area.
The PD8-6080 includes a 24 VDC power supply to drive the transmitter and can be equipped with four internal relays and two 4-20 mA outputs. It can be programmed and operated without opening the housing by using the built-in SafeTouch® through-glass buttons.
SunBright Display Standard
Modbus RTU master, slave, or snooper mode with RS-485 serial communications
Master mode can scan up to 16 Modbus PVs from Modbus transmitters
Snooper mode can scan up to 16 Modbus PVs polled by a different Modbus master
Up to Four Math Channels for Addition, Difference, Average, Ratio & More
SafeTouch® through-glass button programming
Isolated 24 VDC @ 25 mA transmitter power supply
0-20 mA, 4-20 mA, 0-5 V, 1-5 V, and ±10 V Inputs
Onboard USB and ScanView programming software
- ± 0.03%
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX, II 2 GD Ex D IIC T* Gb Ex Tb IIIC T90° C Db
- CSA Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Division 1, Class I, Zone 1 Ex D IIC Zone 21 Ex Tb IIIC T90° C
- FM Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Division 1, T5/T6 Class I, Zone 1, AEx D, IIC Gb T5/T6 Zone 21, AEx Tb IIIC T90° C
- IEC Ex D IIC T* Gb Ex Tb IIIC T90° C Db
- 6-Digit Display
Enclosure, Body Material
- NEMA 4X
- NEMA 7
- NEMA 9
- ± 10 VCD
- 0-20 mA
- 4-20 mA
- -40° to 65° C (-40° to 150° F)
- 50/60 Hz
- 12-36 Vdc
- 85-265 Vac
- 2 or 4 SPDT
- 4 SPST