Images are representations only.
The ProtEX-MAX™ PD8-6081 feet & inches Modbus® scanner offers all the functionality of the ProVu PD6081 as a fully FM, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx approved explosion-proof product.
It displays level information on a specially designed feet & inches display, instead of the usual decimal format.
The PD8-6081 also has dual analog inputs, for integrating traditional 4-20 mA or voltage inputs in the display scanning. The scanner can be setup as a Modbus master, slave, or snooper. Various math functions may be applied to the analog or Modbus inputs, such as addition, difference, average, and ratio.
The PD8-6081 includes a 24 VDC power supply to drive the transmitter and can be equipped with four internal relays and two 4-20 mA outputs. It can be programmed and operated without opening the housing by using the built-in SafeTouch® through-glass buttons.
- SunBright Display Standard
- Display level in feet and inches
- Modbus RTU master, slave, or snooper mode with RS-485 serial communications
- Master mode to can up to 16 Modbus PVs from Modbus level or multivariable transmitters
- Snooper mode to scan up to 16 Modbus PVs polled by a different Modbus master
- Up to four math channels for addition, difference, average, ratio & more
- SafeTouch® through-glass button programming
- Isolated 24 VDC @ 25 mA transmitter power supply
- 0-20 mA, 4-20 mA, 0-5 V, 1-5 V, and ±10 V inputs
- Onboard USB and ScanView programming software
- ± 0.03%
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX, II 2 GD Ex D IIC T* Gb Ex Tb IIIC T90° C Db
- CSA Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Division 1, Class I, Zone 1 Ex D IIC Zone 21 Ex Tb IIIC T90° C
- FM Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Division 1, T5/T6 Class I, Zone 1, AEx D, IIC Gb T5/T6 Zone 21, AEx Tb IIIC T90° C
- IEC Ex D IIC T* Gb Ex Tb IIIC T90° C Db
- 6-Digit Display
Enclosure, Body Material
- NEMA 4X
- NEMA 7
- NEMA 9
- ± 10 VCD
- 0-20 mA
- 4-20 mA
- -40° to 65° C (-40° to 150° F)
- 50/60 Hz
- 12-36 Vdc
- 85-265 Vac
- 2 or 4 SPDT
- 4 SPST