The ProtEX-MAX™ PD8-6001 explosion-proof level indicator offers all the functionality of the ProVu PD6001 as a fully FM, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx approved explosion-proof product.
It is specifically designed to display level in feet & inches, instead of the usual decimal format.
The meter accepts a process current (4-20 mA) or process voltage (0-5V, 1-5V, etc.) signal and displays that signal on a dual-line display with convenient feet and inches designations on the upper line.
The PD8-6001 includes a 24 VDC power supply to drive the transmitter and can be equipped with four internal relays and a 4-20 mA output.
It can be programmed and operated without opening the housing by using the built-in SafeTouch® through-glass buttons or the RS485 serial communication port with free Modbus® protocol.Features
- Modern, Sleek and Practical Enclosure
- Display Mountable at 0°, 90°, 180°, and 270° Degrees
- Safetouch Through-glass Button Programming
- Feet and Inches Display Ideal for Level Applications
- Large Dual-line 6-digit Display, 0.60" and 0.46"
- 0-20 mA, 4-20 mA, 0-5 V, 1-5 V, and ±10 V inputs
- Input Power Options Include 85 to 265 Vac or 12 to 24 Vdc
- SunBright Display Standard
- Isolated 24 Vdc at 25 mA Transmitter Power Supply
- Signal Input Conditioning for Round Horizontal
- Programmable Displays and Function Keys
- 32-Point or Exponential Linearization
- Multi-pump Alternation Control
- 2 or 4 Relays + Isolated 4-20 mA Output Options
- External 4-Relay & Digital I/O Expansion Modules
- RS-232, and RS-485 Serial Communication Options
- Modbus RTU Communication Protocol Standard - Slave
- Onboard USB and MeterView Pro Programming Software
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX II 2 GD Ex d IIC T* Gb Ex Tb IIIC T90° C Db IP68 Ta = -40° C to °C *T6 = -40° to 60° C *T5 = -40° to 65° C, Certificate Number: Sira 12-ATEX-1182
- CSA Class I, Div. 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Div. 1, Class I, Zone 1 Ex d IIC Zone 21 Ex Tb IIIC T90° C -40° C < Tamb. < +60° C, Temperature Code T6 -40° C < Tamb. < 65° C, Temperature Code T5 Enclosure Typica
- FM Class I, Div. 1, Groups B, C, D Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Div. 1, T5/T6 Class I, Zone 1, AEx d, IIC Gb T5/T6 Zone 21, AEx Tb IIIC T90° C, Ta -40° to 65° C T6 Ta = -40° to 60° C, T5 Ta = -40° to 65° C, Certificate Number: 3
- IEC Ex d IIC T* Gb Ex Tb IIIC T90° C Db IP68 Ta = -40° C to * °C *T6 = -40° C to 60° C *T5 = -40° to 65° C, Certificate Number: IECEx SIR 12.0073
- NEMA 4X
- NEMA 7
- NEMA 9
- Upper feet & inches display: 0.60” (15 mm) high with feet & inches Designations. Lower display: 0.46” (12 mm) high. Both are 6 Digits (-99999 to 999999), Red LEDs
Feet & Inches Display Range
- 0” 00” 0/16” to 99” 11” 15/16”
- Eight intensity levels
Display Update Rate
- 5/second (200 ms)
- Display flashes 999999
- Display flashes -99999
- The upper and Lower displays may be assigned to PV1, PV2, PCT (Percent), max/min, alternate max. & min, Set Points, units (Lower display only), or Modbus Input.
- NEMA 4X, IP65
- Four through-glass SafeTouch buttons, four mechanical buttons behind glass, digital inputs, PC and MeterView Pro Software, or Modbus registers.
F4 Digital Input Contacts
- 3.3 Vdc on Contact. Connect Normally Open Contacts across F4 to COM
F4 Digital Input Logic Levels
- Logic High: 3 to 5 Vdc
- 0 to 1.25 Vdc
- Programmable from 2 to 199 (0 will disable filter)
- Programmable from 0.1 to 99.9 % of Calibrated Span
- Calibrated at the factory. Recalibration is recommended at Least every 12 months.
Maximum / Minimum Display
- Maximum/minimum readings reached by the process are stored until reset by the user or until power to the meter is turned off.
- Three Programmable passwords restrict modification of programmed settings.
- All programmed settings are stored in non-volatile memory for a minimum of ten years if power is lost.
Input Power Options
- 85-265 Vac 50/60 Hz, 90-265 Vdc, 20 W max, or optional model with 12-24 Vdc ± 10 %, 15 W Max.
- Required External Fuse: UL Recognized, 5 A max., Slow Blow, up to 6 metres may share one 5 A fuse.
Isolated Transmitter Power Supply
- Terminals P+ & P-: 24 Vdc ± 10 %. Isolated from the Input at > 500 V. Jumper selectable for 24, 10, or 5 Vdc Supply (Internal jumper J4). All models transmitter Supply rated @ 25 mA Max.
Normal Mode Rejection
- Greater than 60 dB at 50/60 Hz
- 4 kV Input/Output-to-Power Line, 500 V Input-to-Output or Output-to-P+ Supply
- Installation Overvoltage Category II: Local level with smaller transient overvoltages than Installation Overvoltage Category III.
- T6 Class Operating Temperature Range Ta = -40 to 60° C
- T5 Class Operating Temperature Range Ta = -40 to 65° C
Maximum Power Dissipation
- Maximum Power dissipation limited to 15.1 W. See PD8 instruction manual for additional details.
- Removable Screw terminal blocks accept 12 to 22 AWG wire, RJ45 for external Relays, Digital I/O, and Serial communication Adapters
- 1/8 DIN, High Impact Plastic, UL 94V-0, color: Black
- 1/8 DIN Panel cutout required: 3.622” x 1.772” (92 mm x 45 mm). Two panel mounting bracket assemblies are provided
- Screw terminal Connectors: 5 lb-in (0.56 Nm)
- 4.68” x 2.45” x 5.64” (119 mm x 62 mm x 143 mm) (W x H x D)
- 9.5 oz. (269 g)
UL File Number
- UL & C-UL Listed. E160849, 508 Industrial Control Equipment.
- 3 Years Parts&labor
- Compatibility: USB 2.0 Standard, Compliant
- Connector Type: Micro-B receptacle
- Cable: USB A Male to Micro-B Cable
- Driver: Windows® 98/SE, ME, 2000, Server 2003/2008, XP 32/64-Bit, Vista 32/64-Bit, Windows 7 32/64-Bit, Windows 10 32/64-Bit
- Power: USB Port