Images are representations only.
Features and Benefits:
- SIL 3 capability: The product has met manufacturer design process requirements of Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 3.
- Force balanced valve design with high safety factors to de-energise at all pressures in normally open and normally closed configurations.
- 100% computerised diagnostic testing to ensure each solenoid valve is proven along with confirmed safety factors.
- Bifold has state of the art product qualification and production equipment including flow (Cv), environment (-70° to 180° C), function and leakage testing and data logging.
- The standard solenoid operator is a holding magnet type which ensures the valve will operate in damp conditions. The risk of corrosion to internal components is reduced, unlike other valve types that incorporate a solenoid core tube design with a 'wetted' armature that will only operate in dry air conditions.
- Tolerant to moist air in control lines.
- The standard solenoid valve has proven arctic service and low temperature performance.
- Products are manufactured, inspected, assembled and tested in our state of the art production facilities.
- Large clearances, metal back up to seals and no knife edge sealing to prevent long term valve sticking.
- Dry solenoid armature to prevent corrosion and affecting safe shut down.
- Simple maintenance - Removable transient suppression diode on Ex d DC solenoid valve assemblies and removable solenoid coil without removing valve from the tubing.
- Spring Return
Ambient Temperature Range
- -60° to 95° C (-76° to 203° F)
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX II 2 GDc, Ex Emb IIC T4 to T3 Gb, II 2 GD, Ex D IIC T4/T5/T6, II 1 GD, Ex Ia IIC T4/T6 Ga
- IEC 60529
- IEC Ex Emb IIC T4 to T3 Gb, Ex D IIC T4/T5/T6, Ex Ia IIC T4/T6 Ga
- SIL 3
Approvals & Certifications
- Leak Test
- 1/4" BSPP Female
- 1/2" NPT
- M20 x 1.5
- Class H - Solenoid Insulation
- 45 mA Minimum - Solenoid Coil
- 100% Duty Cycle Continuous Rating/Energised
- Short Circuit Current 1,500 A (Typical 74AT4)
Enclosure, Body Material
- Solenoid Enclosure & Valve: 316L Stainless Steel
- NEMA 4X
- 0.73 Cv
Materials of Construction
- Metric A4 18/10 Grade Stainless Steel (Equivalent to 316L Grade Stainless Steel) - Fasteners
- Air - Filtered Lubricated or Unlubricated
- Glycol Solution
- Inert Gas
- Mineral Oil
- Sour Natural Gas
- Sweet Natural Gas
- Any Orientation
- 1/4" NPT Female
- Nitrile (Low Temperature)
- Auto Reset
- Latch Energised
- Manual Override
- Manual Reset
- 1.8 W
- 3 W
- 3.6 W
- bar: 0 to 10
- kPa: 0 to 1,000
- psig: 0 to 145
- -55° to 130° C (-67° to 266° F)
- 260 ohms
- < 100 milliseconds - Pull-In
- < 70 milliseconds - Drop Out
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal: Viton (Standard)
- 302S26 Stainless Steel
- 316S42 Stainless Steel
- psi: 0 to 508 (kPa: 0 to 3,503, bar: 0 to 35) - Working Pressure
- 110-240 Vac, 50/60 Hz
- 12-110 Vdc
- 24 Vdc
- -20° C (-4° F) to Upper Limit of Solenoid Classification (Standard)
- Arctic Service Option to -60° C (-76° F)