Images are representations only.
Each thermowell is an important component of any temperature measurement point. It is used to provide a pressure boundary between the process and temperature measurement.
Thermowells help to protect the environment and operating personnel by keeping aggressive media, high pressures, and flow rates contained within the process boundaries. This also allows for the temperature sensor to be removed or replaced during operation.Features
- Heavy-duty design.
- Model TW10-F:Full penetration weld version. Model TW10-P: With double fillet weld,weld seam strength a = 3 mm. Model TW10-R: With double fillet weld,weld seam strength a = 6 mm.
- Coating for corrosive or abrasive process loads.
- Possible thermowell forms: -tapered, straight or stepped,-“Quill Tip” version (with open tip).
- Welding process test to ASME Sec. IX.
- Solid-machined version with massive strakes
- Solid-machined version with welded filler rods
- Stainless steel 304/304L, 316/316L or 1.4571
- Carbon steel A105 or 1.0460
- Special materials like Monel 400 or Inconel 600 on request
- Flanges to all standards (e.g. ASME, API, EN, DIN, JIS, GOST)
- Vanstone design for 1", 1-1/2" and 2" nozzle
- Threaded Connections with 1" NPT, 1-1/4" NPT, 1-1/2" NPT or 2" NPT on request
- Weld-in connection for nozzle or direct welded thermowells on request
Calculation of ScrutonWell® Design Based on ASME PTC 19.3 TW-2016 (Static)
- Maximum permissible pressure load with original tip diameter
- Maximum permissible bending load taking into account modified stem dimensions
- The dynamic part of the wake frequency calculation is not required because of the damping of the oscillation by more than 90 %.
- Petrochemical industry, on-/offshore, plant construction
- For high process loads