As a Fast Response High Flow I/P, E/P Transducer, the Rotork Fairchild T5220 has all the performance you want in a voice coil I/P transducer product, but it also includes a built in booster section to deliver high flow capacity, up to 45 SCFM (76.5 m3/Hr) with six available rations to allow pressure multiplication to the output.
This feature, along with the adjustable positive and negative bias allows you to custom design your control system for exactly the desired performance.
The Signal Conversion Section (PC Board) accepts a DC current or voltage. This signal is applied to a coil which creates a magnetic force that moves a Flexure Arm.
The Pneumatic Section operates as a force balance system. A Sapphire Ball floats inside a Nozzle and controls the output pressure by exhausting air supplied through an Orifice. This Sapphire Ball acts as a piston exerting a force which is balanced against the force transferred to the Flexure Arm by the Coil.
The Booster Section amplifies the output pressure of the transducer.Features
- Fast Response to Input Signal changes results in faster loop control and savings in process materials
- Integrated Volume Booster output meets input requirements of final control elements requiring a higher capacity output signal and/or increased output pressure
- Six Input Signal Ranges meet most process and machine requirements
- Negative Bias Option allows zero pressure based operation
- Five Booster Ratios meet industrial equipment requirements for higher output pressure ranges
- Temperature Compensation provides stable operation under environmental changes
- Vibration Resistance maintains set points under adverse vibration conditions
- Various Mounting Configurations allow installation flexibility for most applications
- NEMA 3R or optional NEMA 4X enclosure for outdoor and indoor installations
- Conduit Port for convenient wiring
- 0.28 scfm (0.48 m³/hour) - Max.
Ambient Temperature Range
- -40° to 65.5° C (-40° to 150° F)
Approvals & Certifications
- Brass, Sapphire
Enclosure, Body Material
- NEMA 3R
- NEMA 4X
Exhaust Capacity - Relieving Units Only
- 14 scfm (23.8 m³/hour)
- 7 scfm (11.9 m³/hour)
- Tapped Exhaust
- 15 scfm (25.5 m³/hour) - Max.
- 45 scfm (76.5 m³/hour) at psig: 100 (kPa: 700, bar: 7)
- Within 0.1 % of Full Scale
- Within 0.25 % of Full Scale
- 0 to 12 Vdc, 2550² ohms
- 0 to 6 Vdc, 375² ohms
- 1 to 5 Vdc, 375 ohms
- 1 to 9 Vdc, 2550 ohms
- 10 to 50 mA, 50 ohms
- 4-20 mA, 120 ohms
- Bracket Kit
- 1/2” NPT Female
- 1/4” NPT Female
- bar: 0.2 to 6
- kPa: 20 to 600
- psig: 3 to 90
- < 0.1 % of Full Scale
- psig: 20 + 2, (kPa: 150 + 15, bar: 1.5 + 0.15)
Supply Pressure Effect
- + 0.3 % of Span for a psig: 1 (bar: 0.07, kPa: 7) Supply Change between psig: 18 to 22 (bar: 1.2 to 14.5, kPa: 120 to 145)
- < 1 % of Span/10° C (50° F)
- Negligible up to 2 G's between 5 Hz & 200 Hz